November 23rd, 2011
( Collapse )
- Tue, 13:15: Dear self-published authors: Sending "check out my book!" PMs to strangers or giving your own book 5-star ratings is OFFPUTTING.
- Tue, 13:16: Same for tagging your book with every single scifi fandom you can think of, just because it's science fiction. (That's nonsensical, too.)
- Tue, 14:53: RT @faitherinhicks: Hey guys, I did a HUGE blog post on how I make comics at the Friends With Boys site! Please RT! http://t.co/91o1jTgj
- Tue, 15:08: The bomb in Landau was defused safely. http://t.co/e5vrJVb6 has a photo of it.
- Tue, 15:11: Evacuation for the block buster bomb in Koblenz: 1.8 km radius, incl. 2 hospitals, 7 retirment homes, the central station, and a jail.
- Tue, 15:12: Including the normal residents of affected quarters, that'll be 45,000 people affected. That's more than the usual number of evacuees. o.O
- Tue, 17:33: One piece of writing advice I've seen repeated is something along the lines of "don't write the kind of stuff you skip when reading".
- Tue, 17:34: Last book I read I caught myself skipping bits of description to get to the next bit of dialogue. I'm not sure how well that'd work, then...
- Tue, 18:08: I got something for @lynthornealder http://t.co/xGfhUrUq
- Tue, 19:11: Photo found on DA: Puppy and ball. Or ball and puppy, possibly. http://t.co/7NdAcVfR (@Suitov)